Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Posted by Mookie Jones at 8:08 PM
I am proud to present “Return Of 4eva” to all my supporters, I took the past year to work on this project. I reached out to some of my favorite artists that I felt represented what this album was about. Ludacris, Bun B, David Banner, Chamillionaire, Big Sant, Joi & Raheem Devaughn all helped me to make my vision of this album complete. I hope you all love it. Download it for free at www.returnof4eva.com stay blessed – K.R.I.T.
Posted by Mookie Jones at 8:06 PM
Monday, March 28, 2011
Posted by Mookie Jones at 9:37 AM
Friday, March 25, 2011
Smoke DZA fell through DealWithNoDeal Radio this past Wednesday after returning from SxSW to discuss a few topics w/ K & Curry & let us know what's in store for 2011. He admitted being slightly surprised about being left off the XXL Freshman list, T.H.C. dropping next month, his relationship w/ Curren$y, Mac Miller, Big K.R.I.T., Kendrick Lamar, what else is in store for Cinematic MG and his favorite acts at SxSW amongst other things, which included a sneak peak at his latest T.H.C. single 'Loaded' [prod. Lex Luger], a day before he dropped it.
Posted by Mookie Jones at 9:07 AM
Posted by Mookie Jones at 9:05 AM
Posted by Mookie Jones at 9:02 AM
Posted by Mookie Jones at 8:54 AM
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
Posted by Mookie Jones at 11:15 PM
Posted by Mookie Jones at 11:14 PM
After 4 years, it has returned. The Re-Release of Heaven's Fallout, arguably Mickey Factz's most note-worthy project, returns with a higher quality in sound as well as 4 new songs attached. "After going through old files," says Mickey, "I stumbled across a better sounding Heaven's Fallout and I didn't want to neglect the fans by not giving them this. To add incentive, I recorded new songs just for them." New songs such as the high energy "Distressed" and the in-depth story telling on "Feather" match well with classics such as "Stop me" and "Something About Us" Download the newest release as we keep you updated on further projects to be released by Mickey.
2. Never Fallout feat. Nakim
3. Talk Ur Ish
4. Robot Rock feat. Steve-O
5. Access Granted
6. There's Nothing Left
7. Stop Me feat. Daniel Merriweather
8. Something About Us
10. Sick & Tired feat. WhyteBone
11. Smack My Bitch Up
12. You Remind Me feat. Jesse Boykins III
13. Freaky Girl feat. Freaky Will
14. Loud Whispers
15. Let You Go feat. WhyteBone
16. Living Dead
18. Jacob's Ladder
19. The Supra Song
Bonus. Feather Feat. Little Dragon
Bonus. Back In Time
Posted by Mookie Jones at 11:06 PM
This is the 1st leak of my new Album "Returnof4eva" (artwork by Eric Bailey) The song is called "Dreamin" I produced the beat as well. I feel this is a perfect representation of my music at this exact moment in time bc it could have gone either way for me. This was all a dream a year ago. Now i am living out my dreams everyday. This is a personal & special record to me & i hope it inspires you to follow your dreams like i did. Motion Family shot the video for this yesterday, Thats coming soon. In the meantime u can get the song & all updates from me at Returnof4eva.com
Posted by Mookie Jones at 11:01 PM
In preparation of The 4 year Anniversary of Heaven's Fallout, Mickey Factz releases, Distressed. A bonus track on the re-release of the critically acclaimed mixtape with a higher sound quality and bonus cuts for the fans to enjoy. Produced by Daft Punk for the Tron Legacy soundtrack, Mickey picks apart the track effortlessly with his kinetic rhyme pattern. Also, Factz connects with 3littledigs, to announce a webseries entitled "Nothing But The Factz" as well as future collaborations with the upstart branding site. The trailer & link for the song is below.
Download: Mickey Factz - Distressed
Posted by Mookie Jones at 11:00 PM
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
First, is there anyth This Week's Rapper: Mookie Jones
This Week's Subject: Commercials and commercialism
Ask A Rapper: Everyone is making this big fuss about Eminem's decision to shill for Lipton and Chrysler during the Superbowl. But it leads to a two-pronged question we'd like to ask.
First, is there anything wrong with a rapper lending his brand to push things like cars and beverages? And does it matter that he's already rich? And if it does matter, isn't that at least partially hypocritical?
Mookie Jones: There's nothing wrong with a rapper cross-marketing their brand with other diverse brands in order to expand their network, even if the artist is wealthy. All artists start with their brand. I only feels it's hypocritical if the brand that the artist is supposed to represent does not match the brand that the artist has branded for himself.
AAR: Cool, second, we're going to lob some companies at you and you tell us which Houston rapper would serve best in the spokesperson role for each respective company and why. So, which Houston rapper would be the best spokesperson for.
MJ: Bun B. Cadillac is like the premier vehicle of America, just like Bun B is the premier artist of Texas. Bun B for President
MJ: Lil J Xavier, because he's a younger artist. He should be out there representing for the younger youth promoting positive images, protected sex, etc.
MJ: JusBrittany. Well, she is built like a horse! [laughs] Just Kidding. On a serious note, animal cruelty is a sensitive subject, and I feel a woman's touch would be much-needed for that situation.
Read Full Interview Here
Posted by Mookie Jones at 12:58 PM
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Monday, January 31, 2011
Posted by Mookie Jones at 3:25 PM
Hosted by Rapid Ric
Posted by Mookie Jones at 3:18 PM
Saturday, January 29, 2011
While the days are trickling down to the release of T.H.C. (The Hustlers Catalog) DZA gives you a preview on what to expect on his upcoming project. This time with the west coast heavy spitter Kendrick Lamar, Surf Club's Hit-Boy, and the beautiful voice of Mara Hruby. Titled "uptown81" T.H.C. coming in Late February.
Posted by Mookie Jones at 8:03 PM
"Things haven’t been the same since K.R.I.T. Wuz Here. Not for Justin Scott and not for yours truly. Seconds after “Something” spun to its end I was sold, hooked, and spent the next two weeks begging K.R.I.T.’s partner, Johnny Shipes, to buy two tickets to San Francisco. I wanted K.R.I.T. to win, and I knew that if people could see his songs come alive in a real studio, with a real band, than they’d be hooked, just like I was. Seconds after Shipes said yes I was begging the best R&B band I knew, Grillade, to volunteer their time to help K.R.I.T. and yours truly see this dream become reality. They said yes, and after a day together at Different Fur Studios, they’d made The 'Wuz Here' Sessions EP, which yours truly is beyond proud to bring to your computers and turntables soon.
Posted by Mookie Jones at 7:59 PM
Posted by Mookie Jones at 7:55 PM
Big K.R.I.T. wouldn’t be the man he is today without Grandma Linnie. The same woman he recalls cooking something good for his soul in “Neva Go Back” is responsible for one of K.R.I.T.’s critical characteristics: his gumption. It’s this strength, and respect for tradition that separates K.R.I.T. from his peers, and gives his songs that lasting luster.
This version of “Neva Go Back” belongs to K.R.I.T., Miss Linnie and the members of Grillade, who fill it to the brim with their own memories and melodies. Notice the weightless harmony in the hook. That marriage of instruments sounds like it should be celebrating its 20th anniversary, but in reality, KRIT and Grillade vocalist Ragen Fykes met for the first time that day at Different Fur. Proof that time isn’t the only force tying us together. In this case, its a shared passion, mutual admiration, and good old-fashioned gumption.
Posted by Mookie Jones at 7:53 PM
Check out new music from Fiend featuring Cinematic Music Group & GFCnewyork's own Big K.R.I.T. & Smoke DZA Off Tennis Shoes And Tuxedos mixtape out now.
Posted by Mookie Jones at 7:52 PM
Smoke DZA's back with Killa Kyleon to bring you "Roll Up, Pour Up" produced by Cardo On The Beat. Smoke DZA's THC, The Hustler's Catalog coming soon.
Posted by Mookie Jones at 7:51 PM
It's said that the eyes are windows to the soul and our faces merely mask what we truly feel. The eyes hold our pain, fear, and our joy. Our eyes are our cameras and the keys to what we perceive and dare to remember. Do you dare to take a look thru Mickey Factz eyes? Do you dare to alter your perception of the world you "see"? ....Black Tearz...The story continues...
Posted by Mookie Jones at 7:50 PM
In music, some subjects are forbidden, some are taboo and other are as transparent as the very tears we cry. Walk with Mickey Factz as he takes you on a journey to see the world through his eyes. What you see may make you think, it may make you feel, it may make you change….Black Tearz...This is the beginning
Posted by Mookie Jones at 7:49 PM
Things haven't been the same since K.R.I.T. Wuz Here. Not for Justin Scott and not for yours truly. Seconds after "Something" spun to its end I was sold, hooked, and spent the next two weeks begging K.R.I.T.'s partner, Johnny Shipes, to buy two tickets to San Francisco. I wanted K.R.I.T. to win, and I knew that if people could see his songs come alive in a real studio, with a real band, than they'd be hooked, just like I was. Seconds after Shipes said yes I was begging the best R&B band I knew, Grillade, to volunteer their time to help K.R.I.T. and yours truly see this dream become reality. They said yes, and after a day together at Different Fur Studios, they'd made K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, The Grillade Sessions EP, which yours truly is beyond proud to bring to your computers and turntables soon.
Posted by Mookie Jones at 7:48 PM
The story of a come up is the American Dream. From George Washington defeating the British and winning the colonies their Independence. An incompetent George Bush becoming the President of the U.S. A naive George Jung transforming into the infamous Boston George. Or just moving from the hood to having an Eastside apartment in the sky like George Jefferson. For these George's the story of the come-up always started with a will to survive, which led them to becoming the ultimate hustlers. This is the story of Smoke DZA aka George Kush Jr. Welcome to "The Early Days of George." Smoke DZA's THC, The Hustler's Catalog coming soon.
Posted by Mookie Jones at 7:47 PM
Shiest Bubz The Emperor & Smoke DZA have a smoke session while flipping Wiz Khalifa's "Black & Yellow" into "Purple Sowa" off Jonnyshipes GoodTalk Vol.9 that dropped last week at thesmokersclub.com . For everything Shiest Bubz check out everdazemybirthday.com, also look out for Shiest Bubz "Purple Sour Gang" album droppin later this year
What is new years eve without some liqour, weed, a Fight & a dope performance. It all went down at our Smokers Club ATL party. To our fans thx for all the support & be on the look out for some big announcements from The Smokers Club for SXSW & 4.20 GoodTalk
Here is the first viral video for my fourth coming mixtape, Free EP whatever you web savory bloggers call lol. It features Smoke Dza doing what smoke does best smoking. Emilio Sparks' Scumbino's Way drops soon, it's presented by Cloudkicker & Flud Watches.
Posted by Mookie Jones at 7:45 PM
- Big K.R.I.T.’s Returnof4eva Listening Session (Vid...
- Killa Kyleon – White Cups (Video)
- Corner Boy P - Gate Change (Video)
- Big K.R.I.T. – Returnof4eva (Album)
- Fiend – Gracias (Video)
- Mookie Jones @ The Drink opening for Curren$y (Liv...
- Smoke DZA Interview w/ DealWithNoDeal Radio (Video...
- Big K.R.I.T. vs. Nardwuar (Video)
- Killa Kyloen x Lil O x Delo X Fame Sity x Mookie J...
- Smoke DZA - Loaded (Prod. By Lex Luger)
- Big K.R.I.T. | P.O.V. - Billboard Magazine SXSW Sh...
- XXL 2011 Freshman: The Mixtape
- Big K.R.I.T. - Dreamin (Video)
- Big K.R.I.T. Performs Time Machine & Country Shit ...
- L.E.S. - Apocalypse
- XXL 2011 Freshman Class Cyper pt.3 (Video)
- Wes Fif x Big K.R.I.T. x Cyhi Da Prynce x The Drea...
- Big K.R.I.T. 2011 Freshman Class Freestyle (Video)...
- Mickey Factz - Love.Lust.Lost (Mixtape)
- Killa Kyleon - Throwed Off Freestyle (Video)
- Big K.R.I.T. – American Rapstar
- L.E.S. - Roll One (Video)
- The Return Of 4 Eva Tour
- Mookie Jones - Skeleton Key ft Mickey Factz
- The Smokers Club x Diamond Collab Tee
- L.E.S. - Roll One (Behind The Scenes)
- 2011 Freshmen Roundtable Discussion pt. 1,2,3 (Vid...
- Kidz In The Hall – Dream On ft. Curt@!ns & Smoke D...
- L.E.S. – Vibe Out (Video)
- XXL Magazine 2011 Freshman Cover
- Smoke DZA - KUSHEDGOD (The Smokers Club 2011 SXSW ...
- VladTV.com Interview & Freestyle w/ Mickey Factz (...
- Big K.R.I.T. - Dreamin (Trailer)
- Mickey Factz Feat. Marsha Ambrosius – For The Cult...
- Mickey Factz - HF: 4th Anniversary (Album)
- Smoke DZA & Killa Kyleon Roll Up, Pour Up (Behind ...
- Sir Michael Rocks - BatPhone Remix feat. Smoke DZA...
- Big K.R.I.T. - Dreamin (Prod. By Big K.R.I.T.)
- Mickey Factz - Distressed & Nothing But The Factz ...
- Smoke DZA – Toca Tuesdays Freestyle (Video)
- ► February (4)
- Mookie Jones x L.E.S. Perform Keep It Player at Wa...
- Killa Kyleon – Candy Paint & Texas Plates (Mixtape...
- Slim Thug – Hustle Hard Remix ft. L.E.$. & MUG
- Mookie Jones at College Station, TX Live
- Smoke DZA - Uptown81 ft. Kendrick Lamar & Mara Hru...
- Viz Ink Interview w/ Big K.R.I.T. (Video)
- Yourstru.ly Presents: BIG K.R.I.T. & Grillade - Ho...
- Yourstru.ly Presents : BIG K.R.I.T. & Gril...
- L.E.$. – Like Me (Video)
- Smoke DZA - Always Been feat. Mac Miller (Official...
- Blood Type - I have Dreams ft. Big K.R.I.T. (Offic...
- CinematicTV: Smoke DZA & Mac Miller - Always Been ...
- Big K.R.I.T. & Grillade - Neva Go Back
- Fiend - We Whats Happenin Feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Smo...
- Smoke DZA - Roll Up, Pour Up feat. Killa Kyleon (P...
- Mickey Factz - Black Tearz Part 2 (Prod By Justin ...
- Mickey Factz - Black Tearz Pt 1 (Produced by Justi...
- Yourstru.ly Presents: Big K.R.I.T. Wuz Here (The G...
- Smoke DZA - The Early Days Of George (Prod. by Hi-...
- Shiest Bubz - Purple Sowa ft. Smoke DZA (Official ...
- The Smokers Club New Years Eve Show W/ Big K.R.I.T...
- Emilio Sparks - Cloudkickin feat. Smoke DZA & Den ...
- ▼ March (40)